[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Nov 7 00:27:29 UTC 2012

On 11/4/2012 2:13 PM, Wim wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have I few power search rules like below.
>
> program.title LIKE '%de wereld draait door%'
> AND channel.callsign like '%ned%'
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)>=19
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)<=21
>
> But after the stat off wintertime last weekend.
>
> I had to change the rule like this.
>
> program.title LIKE '%de wereld draait door%'
> AND channel.callsign like '%ned%'
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)>=18
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)<=20
>
> So apparently Mythtv does not handle daylight saving properly.
>
> What can I do to make this work properly.
>
> I am using 0.26 fixes (mythbuntu 12.04)
> All epg data is coming from sattelite Canal digtaal and BBC

I've been using a recording rule for this program via mythweb using
'record this program in this timeslot everyday'.
That seems to accomplish exactly the same as your rule and it
automatically picked up 'changed'  times.
Any specific reason to record it your way, other than the obvious:
"because I can" ? ;)

Jos