[mythtv-users] Is it possible add delay to sound?

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Wed Nov 7 16:21:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 12:24:18 AM, Richard wrote:

> On 06/11/12 21:06, Richard wrote:
>> Creating these two files worked for me:
>>
>> /etc/udev/rules.d/10-rtc.rules
>> ------------------------------
>> # "rtc0" may be "rtc" depending on whether /dev/rtc and/or /dev/rtc0 exists
>> KERNEL=="rtc0", MODE="0664"
>> KERNEL=="hpet", MODE="0664"
>>

>> /etc/sysctl.d/60-max-user-freq.conf
>> -----------------------------------
>> dev.hpet.max-user-freq=2048
>>

> Oops, forgot that I added this to /etc/rc.local

> # Increase the maximum RTC frequency
echo 1024 >> /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq

> Again, I'm not sure whether it's necessary but, as I said, I got RTC
> video sync working.

Thanks a lot for the last hint!

I was trying to make RTC synchronization work on CentOS 6.3 for the
last few days, without success. Finally, with your hint I figured out
that only the following two changes are needed:

1. Need to make a new udev rule to allow non-root access to RTC.
Best is to create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-rtc.rules :

# "rtc0" may be "rtc" depending on whether /dev/rtc and/or /dev/rtc0 exists
KERNEL=="rtc0", MODE="0664"

(no need to modify permissions of 'rtc', as it's a symlink to 'rtc0')

2. A value at /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq needs to be changed at
boot - best is to put it to /etc/rc.local :

# Increase the maximum RTC frequency
echo 1024 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq

After that (and a reboot), RTC synchronization works in mythfrontend.

Can somebody please update the Wiki page at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frame_display_timing ?
It has no mention of /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq at all, which
seem to be mandatory on at least some of the systems.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey