[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:34:38 UTC 2012

On 08/11/12 08:02, Nick Rout wrote:
> Surely something that starts at 1400UTC one side of DST change will start
>>at 1300UTC on the other side (or 1500UTC depending which way your
>>transition is going)

Ummm....NO.  The whole point is UTC stays the same  when a DST
transition occurs.   It is only local time that changes with DST
transitions.

My personal preference would have been to keep the old LocalTime version
of MythTV ...  The mental gymnastics of considering a 12 or 13 hour time
difference between localtime and UTC are greater than where only a 0 to
4 hour change is required because there is a far greater range of times
that also require a date change.

Can I (tongue in cheek) suggest that it may be in order to provide a
setting  that allows the user to choose whether his mythtv installation
time base is localtime or UTC based.

Tony