[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Nov 7 20:36:39 UTC 2012

Also, for -this particular- issue of how to safely update power
searches, rather than having Myth guess what the user intended, I
wonder if it would be (or have been) possible for Myth to at least
issue a warning saying, "You're using a function whose definition may
have changed; please see [this URL] for a discussion of how to change
it so your rules continue to work."  Basically, a deprecation alert.

That would have been as simple as a string search of all rules,
but I'm unsure where the best place to display the warning would
have been such that the user would actually see it (and not see
it a zillion times---obviously a flag saying, "We've displayed
this warning," but upgrades happen in a number of manual and
automated ways).