[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.26 - cannot play live TV on PVR250

Bernie Whalen bernie.whalen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 03:03:20 UTC 2012

I have exactly the same problem with a PVR-150 since upgrading to mythtv
0.26. In my case the PVR-150 is connected to a STB and LiveTV worked fine
in 0.25 but in 0.26 I either see the "Please Wait" screen or a blank screen
until I kill the frontend. I have also discovered that if I press the exit
button on the remote then LiveTV will exit and return to the menu when the
current program finishes. LiveTV is definitely being recorded, I just
cannot view it.

In addition I see the same problem if I attempt to watch a recording (i.e.
Media Library->Watch Recordings) before it has finished recording. Needless
to say the WAF has hit an all-time low and I'm going to have to revert to
0.25 if I can't get this resolved soon.

Bernie