[mythtv-users] Totally screwed by software update

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Thu Nov 8 03:36:39 UTC 2012

Well, my system is toast.

Apparently there's a buggy mysql update or something, because I let the
updates run that popup in X,
and after that, mythtv would not function.   Found out mysql was messed
up and wouldnt start, tried every way I could think of to uninstall and
reinstall mysql, but always end up with errors, and it won't run.

I guess I'm going to have to completely re-install Mythtv 0.25 and re
setup all the things I had setup, and speech, and lost all my recordings.

GRRRRRRRRRR

Any ideas how to get out of this mess?