[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu Nov 8 06:37:32 UTC 2012

On 04.11.2012 14:13, Wim wrote:

> I have I few power search rules like below.
>
> program.title LIKE '%de wereld draait door%'
> AND channel.callsign like '%ned%'
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)>=19
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)<=21
>
> But after the stat off wintertime last weekend.
>
> I had to change the rule like this.
>
> program.title LIKE '%de wereld draait door%'
> AND channel.callsign like '%ned%'
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)>=18
> AND HOUR(program.starttime)<=20
>
> So apparently Mythtv does not handle daylight saving properly.
>
> What can I do to make this work properly.

Can you, as a quick work around, simply make the window larger?
18-21 in this case?

Or best, just not use power rules with times. They are always a
workaround for a broken guide that doesn't properly assign the same
programid to multiple showings of the same program.

For a daily show I'd just set "record every time on every channel" and
let the scheduler handle everything else.

I'm guessing you don't want to record repeats.
Maybe everything it takes to fix duplicate detection is the patch from
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11226 to reenable the fixups for the
dutch EIT data. (can't say without knowing why you are using time in
your rules)

To everyone who wants to switch between internal UTC and localtime
(which local time? My users ask me how to mix local time from various
time zones. good luck with designing a sensible power rules editor for
that)

If you are using any times in your recording rules, then you are working
around a broken tv guide. Please consider investing all the
time you are investing in discussing how great local time would be into
fixing your guide feed instead.

Regards,
Karl