[mythtv-users] Network Tuner Support

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 06:43:36 UTC 2012

Recently my ticket was closed as a WontFix because they removed live555 from MythTV.  Granted in my usage of live555, I fully understand why this was needed.  Live555 is old and has many issues.  However, you implemented HTTP Streaming over the network tuner in 0.26.0...  Is this the only method that the network tuner supports now or has the entire network tuner been abandoned?  If not I assume that udp:// and rtsp:// is abandoned now or is any of that code still working?

I'm just trying to adapt my feed translation program to work with the new copy of MythTV.  The network tuner is a good entry point into the MythTV system which is why its ideal for my project.  I would just adapt the network tuner but with all the constant code changes, it seems easier to just feed video data directly to an existing virtual tuner.

Anyhow, thanks for your help...

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android