[mythtv-users] Network Tuner Support

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu Nov 8 07:23:37 UTC 2012

This one? http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9670

> was needed. Live555 is old and has many issues. However, you implemented
> HTTP Streaming over the network tuner in 0.26.0... Is this the only
> method that the network tuner supports now or has the entire network
> tuner been abandoned? If not I assume that udp:// and rtsp:// is
> abandoned now or is any of that code still working?

The Networkrecorder in 0.26 should support everything from 0.25 + HLS.

I think on master UDP/RTP (with RTSP) is working right now. The HLS
streaming needs to be hooked up to the new Networkrecorder (missing
new glue code). I can't find a reference to RTSP with TCP (which I was
using to feed on demand from VLM to the Networkrecorder)

> I'm just trying to adapt my feed translation program to work with the
> new copy of MythTV. The network tuner is a good entry point into the
> MythTV system which is why its ideal for my project. I would just adapt
> the network tuner but with all the constant code changes, it seems
> easier to just feed video data directly to an existing virtual tuner.

Hooking up the new MythMusic Shoutcast reader to a MPEG-TS wrapper to
the NetworkRecorder would be a nice little project leaving only the more
foreign (aka. not even close to MPEG codecs) streams to be adapted.
(Basically wrapping PES into TS, maybe )

Is your feed translation program available somewhere? Does it inject
EIT, too? I'd be interested in that from the guide provider and MythTV
EIT scanner side. ;)

Regards,
Karl