[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.26 - cannot play live TV on PVR250

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 10:44:01 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info>
Sent:Thu 08-11-2012 10:33
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] mythtv 0.26 - cannot play live TV on PVR250
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;
Bernie Whalen wrote:
> In addition I see the same problem if I attempt to watch a recording
> (i.e. Media Library->Watch Recordings) before it has finished
> recording. Needless to say the WAF has hit an all-time low and I'm
> going to have to revert to 0.25 if I can't get this resolved soon.

I discovered this on election night (back in the States).  I've got a
PVR500.

No watching recording in progress either.  Stopped the recording and was
able to watch.  This doesn't happen on my HDHR with recordings in
progress (The one I tested).

But, a majority of my viewing habits are viewing after the recording
completes, so I can live with it.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that is having this problem, maybe some of the cleverer people on this board may be able to investigate - I'm happy to provide log files and any assistance required.

One difference in my case, I am able to watch in-progress recordings although it does take quite a long time for playback to start.

Regards,

Dave.