[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Thu Nov 8 12:56:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:34:38AM +1300, Tony Sauri wrote:
>On 08/11/12 08:02, Nick Rout wrote:
>>Surely something that starts at 1400UTC one side of DST change will start
>>>at 1300UTC on the other side (or 1500UTC depending which way your
>>>transition is going)
>Ummm....NO.  The whole point is UTC stays the same  when a DST
>transition occurs.   It is only local time that changes with DST
>transitions.

He’s right, I’m afraid. My mistake.
Of course, this rule will break as well, because the local time the show
is aired is always the same, no matter if we have DST or not.

So in my case (CET: UTC+1, CEST: UTC+2) starttime = '09:00:00Z' means:
- in CET start at 10:00 local time
- in CEST start at 11:00 local time

This is of course wrong.

	Stephan