[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problems with 0.25

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Nov 8 15:10:06 UTC 2012

> When I've had problem like this it has always been because when mythfilldatabase runs automatically it runs as the mythtv user. When you run it from the command line it runs as you. I've always symlinked /home/mythtv/.mythtv and /home/mythtv/.xmltv to the approriate directories in my home folder, and set permissions so the mythtv user can write to them. I don't know if this is the problem in your case because the error messages look different, but I don't use DataDirect either.
>
> Mark

Mark,

After reading you response I thought that could be it. I su'ed to my
mythtv user and ran mythfilldatabase, but it appeared to run fine so I'm
not so sure. mythfilldatabase should run tonight and I'll see if there's
updated data. I expect there won't be, so I'll then run it as mythtv
user manually and see if it updates correctly.

Thanks,
James