[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Nov 8 15:50:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 03:36:39PM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> Also, for -this particular- issue of how to safely update power
> searches, rather than having Myth guess what the user intended, I
> wonder if it would be (or have been) possible for Myth to at least
> issue a warning saying, "You're using a function whose definition may
> have changed; please see [this URL] for a discussion of how to change
> it so your rules continue to work."  Basically, a deprecation alert.
>
> That would have been as simple as a string search of all rules,
> but I'm unsure where the best place to display the warning would
> have been such that the user would actually see it (and not see
> it a zillion times---obviously a flag saying, "We've displayed
> this warning," but upgrades happen in a number of manual and
> automated ways).

I've often thought MythTV could use an alert system similar to TiVo's
messages.  Really important events/notices could cause popup in the
main or other menus and others could simply cause some on-screen
indication that a new message is available and needs attention.

Hint: This would be a nice task for any new, would-be developers to
contribute.

David
--
David Engel