[mythtv-users] MythTV does not handle daylight savings properly

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Nov 9 01:47:52 UTC 2012

    > Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:50:21 -0600
    > From: David Engel <david at istwok.net>

    > I've often thought MythTV could use an alert system similar to TiVo's
    > messages.  Really important events/notices could cause popup in the
    > main or other menus and others could simply cause some on-screen
    > indication that a new message is available and needs attention.

Yes, I remember that from my TiVo.  One nice thing about its strategy
was that popping down the notice didn't make it vanish forever---it
kept notices around that you could go back and look at in its Messages
screen (or whatever it was called).  So you didn't have to deal with
the message -instantly-, and such a scheme also interacts better with
multiple people in a household, some of whom might pop down the message
because they don't care, but the maintainer of the device might care
about a lot. :)

TiVo often did this about lineup changes, but I think there were some
other random messages as well.