Josh Rosenberg mythtv at desh.info
Fri Nov 9 16:12:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:31 AM,  <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org> wrote:
> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 20:47:00 -0500
> From: Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Announcement: Lossless Cut Beta has been
>         released
>
> With this new release Lossless Cut moves from Alpha to Beta. See details
> below:
>
> Beta test status update (Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:28):
> v0.1.7 Bug Fixes:
>
>   * Fixed how the SQL starttime and progstart UTC values were determine.
>     On some MythTV 0.26 installs the values were not correct which
>     caused Lossless Cut to be unable to find essential markup record
>     data like FPS and therefore gracefully abort
>   * Changed the java runtime dependency error message to display properly.
>   * Fixed a bug where the bug report sample starttime was not properly
>     converting hours into seconds
>   * With a concert cut that does not have a subtitle, remove the
>     subtitle from the file name format string
>
> v0.1.7 Changes:
>
>   * Added check for the minimum MythTV install which is v0.24+fixes
>   * Added check for pre MythTV release versions that cannot be supported.
>       o This change directly effects Gentoo users who are using the
>         ebuilds for their MythTV v0.26 installs. The ebuilds are using a
>         pre-release of v0.26 that does not include fixes that Lossless
>         Cut requires. You will need to upgrade your install manually to
>         at least v0.26+fixes
>   * Added a check for the UTCTZ datetime class with MythTV v0.26 and higher
>   * Change the method to get fps, first and last frame from a SQL call
>     to use the python bindings which avoids issues with UTC date
>     conversions in MythTV v0.26 and higher
>   * Removed several SQL calls and use the MythTV python bindings instead
>     which reduced the need to deal with UTC start and end times changes
>     in MythTV v0.26 and higher
>   * Removed the python-dateutil dependency
>   * Added a new configuration file section called
>     "mkvmerge_user_settings". This section allows a user to customise
>     the command line for either/or the mkvmerge cut or merge processing.
>     This is a "use at your own risk" set of variables.
>   * Made a common routine to create a lossless_cut.cfg file and removed
>     redundant code in lossless_cut.py, keyframe_adjust.py and ll_report.py
>   * With a "-r" replace lossless_cut.py renames the original recording
>     with an added ".old" rather than ".Old" to be consistent with
>     mythtranscode's similar function
>   * When replacing a recording reset the commflagged indicator to be
>     consistent with mythtranscode
>

> GOING FORWARD: Assuming the v0.1.7 release has no major issues the
> project will move into maintenance mode in two weeks Wed, Nov 21st.
>
> For the Lossless Cut documentation see:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut

Excellent news; thank you!  Can anyone help me figure out how to get
the python bindings?  I'm running mythtv 0.25 via mythbuntu 12.04, and
I get this error:

$ lossless_cut -f /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1129_20120830075900.mpg --test
Acquiring access to MythTV failed, aborting script.
Error(MythTV python bindings could not be imported, error(HTTP Error
500: Internal Server Error))

I read http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/0.25_Python_Bindings but most of it
didn't make sense to me, and there weren't installation instructions
as far as I could tell.

Thanks,
Josh