[mythtv-users] Ceton Infinitv - slightly OT

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Nov 9 17:41:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Steve Greene <sgreene59 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with activating a cable card on a Ceton
> Infinitv in Mythtv.  The machine I'm running it on will not have a
> Windows OS installed.  My cable co is Verizon FIOS, if that helps.

It can be activated in linux. That itself is not an issue. The only issue
is how good your cable company is at activating cablecards, and that is
entirely hardware/OS independent. I got mine nearly a year and a half ago,
when this was all just really taking off. Back then most cable company's
didn't really have their act together and it was all just hit and miss (you
might have no issues, or you might spend hours on the phone). Now I would
hope everybody has this all figured out and it would be trivial to activate.

--
Ron Frazier