[mythtv-users] mythupchuk -- another script for maintaining UK channels

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 9 18:36:36 UTC 2012

On 09/11/12 18:05, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> The invalid data lines is caused by callsign and/or name being blank.  I
> got round that error by putting something in for those fields.  As I
> was deleting them anyway it didn't matter what.  I was/am planning on
> updating it to cope with that which I will push back.(Chris incorporated
> a couple of minor changes I made previously).

I thought I had already fixed it to put something into missing
name/callsign fields -- I'll check again.

> The other lines suggest that you have duplicates in your database.

Indeed.  I always delete the existing channels before retuning, either
directly in via MySQL (deleting all records in tables 'channel' and
'dtv_multiplex' where sourceid is the source that I'm retuning), or via
mythtv-setup (the channel editor will delete all channels for a source).

cheers

Chris

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK