[mythtv-users] Moving, new channel line-up

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:52:47 UTC 2012

In about a week I'll be moving to a new TV market (different OTA
channels). Both markets are Comcast-land. I get channel data and
listings from Schedules Direct, and tune with an HDHR Prime (with
CableCARD) and HDHR Dual (ClearQAM, not ATSC).

In the new market I'll have an equivalent package from Comcast, but
all the channel numbers will be different, and the local channels will
be totally different.

I've been using MythTV long enough to know there's generally a proper
way to do things and an improper way, and I usually do it the improper
way :-). The last time I moved, I deleted my old channel list. This
left a lot of recordings with channel IDs but no matching callsign and
number.

What's the best way to add the new channels while preserving the
callsign of the old channels?

Are duplicate channel numbers allowed? (e.g., 747 is Discovery HD in
the old market, TVEA2 in the new market)

Tom