[mythtv-users] BE always busy

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Sat Nov 10 01:37:32 UTC 2012

> All it's doing is periodically checking to see if there is anything that
> needs to be done. It won't spin up and access your hard drives unless
> something actually needs to happen. The only drive that will be active
> is your system disk, holding your database and log files, and chances
> are that will always be active anyway.
Raymond,

Uh, not so much.  It spins up the drive every five minutes to write to
syslog saying it checked and found nothing to do.  That's pretty lame.

Is there some way to change the frequency from five minutes to something
more appropriate or stop it altogether?

Thanks!

Joe Henley

PS:  Can't do the "turn off the BE" suggestion as the BIOS in this PC is
abit too old.
PS2:  I have pretty well eliminated all the other things which cause the
PC to spin up the drives unnecessarily.  It's the "spin up the drives to
tell you 'there is no good reason at this time to spin up the drives'"
which is bugging me.