[mythtv-users] Remote weirdness

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sat Nov 10 15:55:05 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Peter Buelow <goballstate at gmail.com>wrote:

>   problem moving down. An example of a working and non working key press
> is below. In this example, KEY_NUMERIC_POUND doesn't work, while KEY_SPACE
> does. I have a logitech universal remote, so some keys are mapped a bit odd
> as the buttons don't map perfectly. Any thoughts? I've had a lot of lirc
> issues in the past, but this is the first time I've seen Myth act funny
> when lirc seems to be working. BTW, there is nothing about lirc in the
> frontend log with -v all. No errors at all. I'll post if anyone asks.

I have seen similar behavior in my Fedora 17 system when the lirc daemon
wasn't running.  X translates the arrow keys and perhaps one or two more
buttons but not the rest.  Are you sure you've enabled the lirc daemon with

chkconfig --level 345 lirc on
service lirc start
(I don't have it as a systemd service on my Fedora 17 install)

especially since you're not seeing any information in the mythfrontend.log?

It may not be this simple.  Just throwing that out there.  Do you have
/home/mythtv/.lircrc (you were missing the prepending dot in your post) and
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf and an entry like this:

in  /etc/modprobe.d/lirc.conf:
#lirc_module_configuration
alias char-major-61 lirc_mceusb2
(you may not have this -- I have mine for my MCE USB remote)

Hope that helps,
Jerry