[mythtv-users] Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 18:52:34 UTC 2012

On 11/10/2012 05:34 AM, nospam312 wrote:
> I have password protected some Recording Groups but it does not appear
> to accept the correct password even though I am using the correct
> password?
>
> The only method I can get access back to the recording group is to
> clear the password by removing it from the recgrouppassword table.
>
> Is this a known issue - is anyone else having the same problem?
>
> To reproduce, in Watch Recordings select a Recording Group like All
> Programmes press m choose Change Group Password enter a password.  Try
> to access All Programmes, enter the correct password and it does not
> work.
>
> I have recently upgraded from 0.24 to 0.26.

Hi;

I tried your test, but the passwords work OK (never used 'em before.) I'm
running 0.27-pre and using the Steppes 1.10 theme. $LANG and $LC_ALL
are both set to en_US.UTF-8.

I looked at recgrouppassword before testing and it had 1 line (for
'All Programs'.) After adding, then deleting the password via the GUI,
that table was empty.

--
Bill