[mythtv-users] Cannot watch migrated recordings from UPnP Client

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 21:28:56 UTC 2012

On Nov 11, 2012 8:53 AM, "R KANNAN" <rk111810 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I switched my backend+frontend to a newer machine and independently set
up  the new backend.

> I copied the recordings from the old machine to the new machine and
updated the database as per..

> http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migrate-recordings.html
>
> I got one error message from mysql saying...
>
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 44: Duplicate entry 'WWJ-HD-2012-11-12
20:00:00-How I Met Your Mother' for key 'PRIMARY'

> Not sure what caused it.
>
> Two issues with these recordings:
>
> 1) I can watch the recordings in the frontend but I cannot see them over
UpNP. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there is a delay before the
new recordings are presented to the UPnP clients that can be changed. I am
not sure if this is the problem here.

> 2) The thumbnails for the recordings do not show up in mythweb whereas
the freshly recorded programs have the thumbnails. I had the *.png files
copied over as well.  They show up in the local frontend fine.

> Also, how do I change the backend log level from mythweb or
mythbackend-setup GUI. I see from mythweb it is set to zero. But i don't
remember what the setting for seeing the log from 'mythweb'.

> Thanks

I suspect you went about this the wrong way. You probably should have
backed up your database from the old system and restored it to the new one.
See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore . Also look at
the stuff on that page about what happens if you Change the hostname.