[mythtv-users] Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:13:53 UTC 2012

> I tried your test, but the passwords work OK (never used 'em before.) I'm
> running 0.27-pre and using the Steppes 1.10 theme. $LANG and $LC_ALL
> are both set to en_US.UTF-8.
>
> I looked at recgrouppassword before testing and it had 1 line (for
> 'All Programs'.) After adding, then deleting the password via the GUI,
> that table was empty.

I am running 0.26fixes and even if I set to a simple one character
password it does not work.

I enter the password and click OK and it returns me to the main menu
instead of showing my All Programmes.  I am just using All Programmes
as an example as everyone should have this entry.

Could this be something fixed in 0.27?

Is anyone using 0.26 and could check if they get the same problem?
(ensure you know how to delete the password afterwards otherwise you
will be locked out of All Programmes)

I am using the Mythbuntu theme / Mythbuntu 12.04.

Do I need to check $LANG and $LC_ALL somewhere - could that be the problem?

Thanks