[mythtv-users] Autoplay subtitles?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 22:59:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com>wrote:

> **
>
> Great minds think alike :) I just tried that exact idea - I used the
> mkvmerge GUI to merge an avi and an srt file into an MKV. I did set the
> forced flag for the subtitle track but no joy, I still have to switch the
> subtitles on using the menu. It plays fine in mplayer, using the 'forced
> subtitles only' option. Maybe I did the merging wrong - does mythtv need
> some other flag to be set as well?
>

> Mark

There is indeed a setting that allows or disallows forced subtitles.  It's
a "live setting", which means it is controlled through the Playback OSD,
rather than in the pages and pages of settings.  If there is a forced
subtitle track present, you should be able to bring up the Playback OSD
menu, Subtitles submenu, "Enable Forced Subtitles".  That setting persists
across all videos on the frontend.

Jim