[mythtv-users] Skipping sound with some News Feed podcasts under .26

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:28:43 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2012 11:32 AM, "Ian Evans" <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I mentioned this back when I had some HDMI problems, but since
>> > everything else is fine, I thought I'd start a new thread.
>> >
>> > I've checked out a few podcasts and one I occasionally listen to, Adam
>> > Carolla's, doesn't play properly through Myth .26's Information
>> > Center->News Feeds
>> >
>> > The other podcasts I've tried sound fine, but this one sounds like
>> > it's skipping forward...that quick scanning sound of bits and pieces
>> > of voice/music that you get when you fast forward on some mp3 players.
>> >
>> > I was able to listen to this just fine under Myth .25 and Ubuntu 10.x
>> > but since moving to 12.04 and .26 this one podcast has become
>> > unlistenable.
>> >
>> > Any ideas? The rss feed for the podcast is here:
>> > http://theadamcarollashow.libsyn.com/rss
>>
>> An update: I tail -f the mythfrontend.log and try the podcast again.
>>
>> It tossed up a ton of lines like:
>>
>> mythfrontend[30394]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2095
>> (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(h): Waited 19271ms for video buffers
>> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAf
>>
>> I let the audio run for a bit and then finally the error "Video frame
>> buffering failed too many times" came up on screen.
>>
>> Just curious: why is it complaining about video buffers when it's an
>> audio podcast?
>
> What does mediainfo tell you about the downloaded podcast file.

I manually downloaded one of the podcasts that does this and this is
what mediainfo said:

General
Complete name                            : 2012.11.09ACS.mp3
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
File size                                : 39.9 MiB
Duration                                 : 1h 27mn
Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
Overall bit rate                         : 64.0 Kbps
Track name                               : Judd Apatow
Performer                                : The Adam Carolla Show
Genre                                    : Comedy
Recorded date                            : 2012
Cover                                    : Yes
Cover type                               : Cover (front)
Cover MIME                               : image/jpeg

Audio
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 3
Duration                                 : 1h 27mn
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 64.0 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 1 channel
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 39.8 MiB (100%)