[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Cannot watch migrated recordings from UPnP

R KANNAN rk111810 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 00:40:42 UTC 2012

> Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 10:38:16 +1300
> From: Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Cannot watch migrated recordings from UPnP
>         Client
>
> On Nov 11, 2012 10:28 AM, "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Nov 11, 2012 8:53 AM, "R KANNAN" <rk111810 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I switched my backend+frontend to a newer machine and independently set
> up  the new backend.
> > >
> > > I copied the recordings from the old machine to the new machine and
> updated the database as per..
> > >
> > > http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/tips/migrate-recordings.html
> > >
> > > I got one error message from mysql saying...
> > >
> > > ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 44: Duplicate entry 'WWJ-HD-2012-11-12
> 20:00:00-How I Met Your Mother' for key 'PRIMARY'
> > >
> > > Not sure what caused it.
> > >
> > > Two issues with these recordings:
> > >
> > > 1) I can watch the recordings in the frontend but I cannot see them
> over UpNP. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there is a delay
> before the new recordings are presented to the UPnP clients that can be
> changed. I am not sure if this is the problem here.
> > >
> > > 2) The thumbnails for the recordings do not show up in mythweb whereas
> the freshly recorded programs have the thumbnails. I had the *.png files
> copied over as well.  They show up in the local frontend fine.
> > >
> > > Also, how do I change the backend log level from mythweb or
> mythbackend-setup GUI. I see from mythweb it is set to zero. But i don't
> remember what the setting for seeing the log from 'mythweb'.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > I suspect you went about this the wrong way. You probably should have
> backed up your database from the old system and restored it to the new one.
> See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore . Also look at
> the stuff on that page about what happens if you Change the hostname.
>
> Oh and if you read the page you referenced all the way to the bottom
> including the comments you'll see it as probably a mistake to have used
> those instructions.

I had changed the hostname & also IP which is why I had started afresh.

I found out the solution is again at the bottom of the page I referred. I
had to change the hostname is all the recording entries in the database to
the new hostname.

update recorded set hostname='newhostname' where hostname='oldhostname'

Now all is well.

Thanks