[mythtv-users] Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 01:50:02 UTC 2012

On 11/10/2012 04:13 PM, nospam312 wrote:
> I enter the password and click OK and it returns me to the main menu
> instead of showing my All Programmes.  I am just using All Programmes
> as an example as everyone should have this entry.

FYI, I was testing with a keyboard as opposed to an IR remote (I don't have
one.)

> Could this be something fixed in 0.27?

I looked with git log, but can't find any fixes. That's no guarantee that
there isn't one there.

> I am using the Mythbuntu theme / Mythbuntu 12.04.

I switched to the Mythbuntu 26.15 theme/ubuntu 12.04, still works OK.

> Do I need to check $LANG and $LC_ALL somewhere - could that be the problem?

I suspect Mythbuntu sets that up correctly, but I tested with them unset,
still no problem. I mentioned it because the frontend code that handles
the recgrouppasswords makes mention of ProgramInfo::i18n().

You'd see a warning message in your frontend log that begins with:

   W  This application expects to be running a locale that specifies a UTF-8...

I'll sign off and let somebody with 0.26 try.

--
Bill