[mythtv-users] Password protect Recording Group does not accept correct password?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Sun Nov 11 04:20:24 UTC 2012

On 11/10/2012 04:13 PM, nospam312 wrote:
> I enter the password and click OK and it returns me to the main menu
> instead of showing my All Programmes.  I am just using All Programmes
> as an example as everyone should have this entry.
I am using 0.26-fixes, and it "works for me" as expected. It's worth
noting that, if I intentionally enter an incorrect password, it doesn't
return me to the main menu. Rather, it shows a completely blank
recordings list. This is also what happens if I press Esc to clear the
dialog.

This suggests that there is something wrong with your setup or binary.
You might try running with "-v all" to see if there is some sort of
error. Also, which paint engine are you using, OpenGL or Qt? If
possible, try switching. Finally, try using a different theme. Perhaps
this dialog is damaged in the one you're using.