[mythtv-users] Audio was working now stuttering

Mark Wigmore mawigmore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 12:14:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

Made good progress yesterday with my new installation after discovering an
LNB had somehow unconfigured itself. I even managed to connect the S/PDIF
output of the soundcard to my hifi and all was working well. Then I shut
down to install a big hard disk for the recordings, system is running on a
small SSD, and then when I sat down to watch some telly the audio was
stuttering like mad!

I've just spent an hour or two in [frontend] Setup > Audio and everything I
try either produces no sound or stuttering even on the Test button. What
could have changed? Where do I start looking for the source of the problem?

Also, how do I get the second hard disk to mount automatically at boot time?

Mark

mythbuntu 12.04
Celeron G530 2.40GHz Socket 1155
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV H61 m/b
TBS TBS6981 PCI-E DVB-S2 Dual Tuner Satellite TV card
Asus Xonar DG PCI audio