[mythtv-users] Lossless_cut error Could not find setting 'BackendServerIP[6]' on host 'envy'

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun Nov 11 12:18:07 UTC 2012

On 12-11-11 12:14 AM, Nick Rout wrote:

> Actually in writing this I am beginning to wonder whether this is in
> fact supposed to be installed on the backend?
>
> Or can it be run from a frontend?
Nick,
     From the Lossless Cut wiki's prerequisites section. Your were on to
the right answer ;)

  * Lossless Cut install from PPA
    <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut#Lossless_Cut_install_from_PPA>
    or Lossless Cut install from source
    <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut#Lossless_Cut_install_from_source>
    on any backend (master and/or slave) which will be executing a
    Lossless Cut userjob
  * The lossless_cut.py script requires read/write access to the
    directories containing the recorded videos

Hope this helps

Doug