[mythtv-users] UK: freesat tuning to itv1 HD (West/Wales/Westcountry)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:33:09 UTC 2012

On 7 November 2012 10:36, stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com> wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> Does anybody know what multiplex and service ID 'ITV1 HD
> (West/Wales/Westcountry)' is?

Think I may have made a snafu here. Although OFCOM gave ITV Plc 6
licences for ITV1 HD variants, it seems that only 4 are currently
broadcast as far as I can see (note I don't have an HD tuner to check
Freeview/Freesat). These are:

London/LWT
Meridian
Central
Granada

The next question is: which variant do HD viewers /not/ in these
regions get? Before Meridian and Central started FTA transmission
recently, they received one or the other of London or Granada (I'm
guessing which was was based on proximity).

I'll get some updates for uk_rt committed that should change this for
new configurations. In the meantime, you might want to update the
channel config to use the ITV1 HD London listings in the meantime:

hd.london-macro.itv1.itv.co.uk

Remember you'll need to update the XMLTV config as well as the channel
config in MythTV.

Cheers,
Nick