[mythtv-users] Avoid HD-RecordingAvoid HD-Recording

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 18:30:50 UTC 2012

> For Freeview, we have SD channels and HD channels - since the SD ones are
MPEG and the HD ones are H.264. This means I can set up a separate source
for the HD channels and this makes selecting the channel of interest much
easier.

> You are somewhere where they carry SD and HD broadcasts on the same
channel?

> --
>
> Mike Perkins

No I'm UK too but using dvb-s(2) tuners. I have i video source with 1
channel listing for all tuners.

the suggested method of selecting a source would not help me as all
_sources_ have both the SD and HD channels.

For me to enforce SD recordings, id have to force a channel not a source

Chris