[mythtv-users] Which tuner did MythTV use?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 02:51:38 UTC 2012

On 11/12/2012 04:38 PM, Ray Lischner wrote:
> By checking which tuners MythTV planned to use for upcoming episodes, and comparing that with
> failed recordings, I have been able to identify one problem tuner so far.

Yet another way to get the information is to use system events.

Create an executable file such as: /usr/local/bin/card-channel-title.sh with
the following in it:

   #!/bin/sh
   echo "CardID: $1, ChannelID: $2, Title: '$3'" >> /var/log/mythtv/card-channel-title.log

Then, using mythtv-setup go to the System Events section and find the
line for Recording Started. On that line, enter:

   /usr/local/bin/card-channel-title.sh %CARDID% %CHANID% "%TITLE%"

The log file will look like:

   CardID: 5, ChannelID: 1201, Title: 'MotorWeek'
   CardID: 3, ChannelID: 1071, Title: 'Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars'

See: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_System_Events for details. You
could add %STARTTIME%, for example. Recording Pending and Recording
Finished are among the events available.

--
Bill