[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup freezes on exit

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Nov 13 15:01:40 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Whenever I work with sudoers, I keep an extra open terminal *already*
> running sudo -s, just in case a typo/braino trashes the ability to
> use sudo.

Bill, note that the visudo command can help with that--it does some basic
syntax parsing sanity checks and also locks the file against simultaneous
editing. It's probably included with the sudo package (at least it is on
Gentoo). And no, you don't HAVE to use vi for editing (if you don't want).

Karl