[mythtv-users] channel group ordering?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue Nov 13 19:57:17 UTC 2012

Martin Moores wrote:

> On 12 November 2012 08:14, Per Jessen <per at computer.org> wrote:
>
>> Per Jessen wrote:
>>
>> No takers at all?  Everyone is happy with the channel group ordering
>> as it is?  I'm new to to this list, so maybe this question is so
>> frequently asked that on one can be bothered anymore?
>>

> I've been on the list for a while and can't say I have ever seen this
> discussed.
>
> As for the ordering, I don't know what channel groups are, so afraid I
> can't help there.  Not something I have ever come across in myth

Hi Martin,

when I scan only a couple of satellites (Astra1+2, Hotbird) I end up
with a good few hundred unencrypted channels from many countries.
Because the EPG becomes unuseable with that many channels, I create a
couple of channel groups - English, German+Austrian and Swiss TV.  The
English group I'd like to order BBC1-4, ITV-1.4, interspersed with the
+1 channels, then probably followed by the rest in some sort of logical
order. Something similar for the German, the Swiss I would like to
organize by area+language.

I've spotted some postings where people achieve this by altering
the "channels" table, but as I anticipate clients with different
preferences, I was hoping to make this client specific.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.2°C)