[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Samsung Allshare?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:13:11 UTC 2012

DLNA works on my LG TV (which of course doesn't use Samsung AllShare so
probably not much help). My recordings are DVB-T MPEG2 format - it could be
the format that it doesn't like.

> I had no joy at all with the mythtv+Allshare combo - eventually I gave up
and set up serviio on my mythtv backend and
> this works quite nicely apart from not being able to fast forward or
rewind.

The whole forward/rewind thing is a real pain on these DLNA clients. Good
ol' MythFrontend is great in this regard, but nothing else seems to come
close.