[mythtv-users] Migrating from UK EIT to XMLTV guide ?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 13 22:17:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 07:57:22 -0000, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>
wrote:

> FWIW, I find I get duplicate recordings anyway - and I've only used
> XMLTV RT feed. I'm sure broadcasters are repeating programs with
> different data. As Mike says, as long as you have enough resources, it
> doesn't take log to zap them afterwards - or you can keep an eye on
> upcoming recordings and zap them there.
> At least CSI* are including series/episode numbers, and 5 seem to have a
> habit of repeating multiple series interleaved - a lot of series still
> don't seem to.

Interesting to hear.

However I've been pretty underwhelmed with the RT data, so I'll be
sticking with EIT for now. The source of the RT program ids are still a
mystery to me but I now think that EIT crids are going to be the way of
the future.

I rarely watch Ch 5 but pick up a lot of old stuff from Dave and they're a
nuisance. As you say, they interleave season & episodes and I was hoping
of watching them in some sort of order for a change.