[mythtv-users] Migrating from UK EIT to XMLTV guide ?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 14 01:16:00 UTC 2012

>> Interesting to hear.
>>
>> However I've been pretty underwhelmed with the RT data, so I'll be
>> sticking with
>> EIT for now. The source of the RT program ids are still a mystery to me
>> but I
>> now think that EIT crids are going to be the way of the future.
>>
>> I rarely watch Ch 5 but pick up a lot of old stuff from Dave andthey're
>> nuisance. As you say, they interleave season & episodes and I washoping
>> of
>> watching them in some sort of order for a change.
>>
> Underwhelmed with the RT data? All 14 days of it? I'd hate to have to
> plan round a holiday with only today's data, or even now & next.

EIT provides 7 days of data. For holidays 1 week of single-records & the
series recordings is plenty for me - it's only TV!

> Program IDs are meaningless but the point is that they should be unique
> (like a GUID). RT provides series (season) and episode # which is what
> makes it all work.

Program ids identify the duplicates -
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching

I agree season/episodes on everything would be great. About 1/4 of my
programs (BBC, Ch4) already have them - I don't fully understand how yet.
I believe they can be extracted from the EIT description. Or they might be
coming from metadata lookup before I turned it off. I'll look into getting
that working.

Thus RT provides an extra week of data that I'll never look at and screws
up my duplicate matching by using its own program ids - it's not as good
as I anticipated.