[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut and keyframe cuts off

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Wed Nov 14 13:33:42 UTC 2012

Ian,
     It seems that mkvmerge which is used for both cutting and merging
processing has odd issues with HDHomerun recording devices. What is
weird is that issues crop up on specific channels not in general on all
channels. I believe that the issue you describedhas already been noted.
There is nothing that Lossless Cut can do about it. I have investigated
other cut/merge utilities and combinations but all have their own flaws
and draw backs.

To me mkvmerge is the best of the lot and I hope it continues to gets
enhanced.

See bullet #6:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut#Known_Limitations

Sorry Ian there is nothing I can do. Hopefully most of your HDHomerun
recordings can be properly cut by mkvmerge.

Doug