[mythtv-users] Weird recording behavior

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 15 03:56:10 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 08:18 PM, Lee Maisel wrote:
> For some oddball reason, SOME recordings that are scheduled daily,
> even though they are in the default recording group, and have the same
> options as the other scheduled shows, ONLY show up in the "Live TV"
> category under recordings!
>
> Even if I select ALL Groups, I don't see them, but if I select "Live
> TV" group, there they are!  Weird.
> Any idea what's causing this?
>
> Thanks!!

There's an issue where if you're using Live TV and MythTV pops up the
dialog that it needs the tuner, sometimes bad things happen (like
recordings get put in the Live TV group instead of the proper group).
I'm guessing you're leaving Live TV running when not watching and that's
what's messing up your recordings.

Mike