[mythtv-users] Migrating from UK EIT to XMLTV guide ?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu Nov 15 08:19:05 UTC 2012

On 14.11.2012 23:26, Roger Siddons wrote:
>>> However I've been pretty underwhelmed with the RT data, so I'll be
>>> sticking with EIT for now. The source of the RT program ids are still a
>>> mystery to me but I now think that EIT crids are going to be the way of
>>> the future.
>>
>> The programids are made up by mythfilldatabase to match the
>> schedulesdirect programid style.
>
> Of course! Thanks for pointing that out - it was really bugging me.
> Especially as I noticed US TV listings using the same ids. I've spent so
> many years swearing at that irritating "do you want to run
> mythfilldatabase" popup that I must have a blind spot where it is
> concerned.
>
>> Its been suggested to transport the crids from various sources through
>> xmltv into mythtv via a dedicated episode-num system but so far no one
>> stepped up to do the work.
>
> Now I can see where this has cropped up before. Is this "dedicated
> episode-num system" documented anywhere or is it still a blank sheet of
> paper ?

There was some talk about CRID handling in May, starting at
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-May/334420.html
with the summary being at
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-May/334481.html

It was suggested to use "crid-series" and "crid-program" as system and
just put the complete CRID in it. Now it "only" takes someone to figure
out how to get the CRIDs from the new API and enhance mythfilldatabase
to do the right thing :-)

> I've only just started poking around the code so I'm still pretty low on
> the learning curve. Hopefully next year I'll have more time to help out.

Regards,
Karl