[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut and keyframe cuts off

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Nov 15 08:52:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 14:55 -0500, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Brett,
> As tosuggestion #3. Lossless Cut always, even when there was noskip or
> cut list, starts the first segment on the first non-zero keyframe as
> identified in the seek table. That was done to avoid the video
> corruption which displaysat the very beginning of the recorded file
> prior to thefirst keyframe. Basically I tried to account for the issues
> you are describing before the first keyframe.

I was trying to describe an inconsistency between mythtv playback &
cut-list editor..They show different picture at the same frame index..
The behaviour before the first keyframe is a clue maybe not the cause.
I was trying to explain how ffmpeg decoder could influence this..
This offset error would apply at any point in recording.

I have "start on sequence header" selected, I see no corruption in start
of playback, just the odd cut-list editor navigation..