[mythtv-users] FF/RW of recorded radio tracks

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:13:38 UTC 2012

On Thursday 15 Nov 2012 10:25:43 Martin Moores wrote:

On 15 November 2012 10:15, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com> wrote:

Using 0.26 I've just discovered that, on a recording of a radio program (BBC 5 Live Sports Extra, recorded from a DVB source), I'm unable to fast-forward. The OSD appears, but the time goes up extremely slowly and when I press 'play' again it returns to where it was when I started FF.
Shame, as I have 9 hours of cricket commentary I was hoping to skip through :)

I get this in the log when I try FF, repeatedly:

Nov 15 10:10:23 revo mythlogserver: mythfrontend[3242]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2095 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(n): Waited 114ms for video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nov 15 10:10:25 revo mythlogserver: mythfrontend[3242]: W Decoder ringbuffer.cpp:399 (CalcReadAheadThresh) Enabling buffering optimisations for low bitrate stream.

I have 'Interactive TV' enabled in the frontend, and I get the radio station logos on screen due to this. The audio is Mono, MP2.  Don't know if this is relevant to the probem.

Does this work for anybody else?

Thanks,

Mark

I think this is a common issue with DVB radio streams, same happens on mine, I have also seen it reported on here a few times.

Don't think there has been any resolution yet.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks fo the reply. My 'worksround' is to listen to the commentary slightly sped up :) 1.2 speed still sounds natrural, cricket's a slow game anyway :)

Mark