[mythtv-users] Memory Leak in 0.26?

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:19:05 UTC 2012

I hesitate to suggest this, since I know how hard it can be to prove, but my frontend has now been up for an entire week without me needing to restart it (I've been restarting it a lot due to a desire to fiddle with stuff and other ubuntu-related issues). I noticed today that mythfrontend is using, according to top, 43% of my RAM. This is with the mythmediastream theme, which I really like and is one of the main reasons I'm using 0.26. So I exited the mythfrontend and restarted and it now says it's using 23% of my RAM.

Now I know memory usage will go up (and down) as I do things, but I've been watching this for a while and the general trend does seem to be that it goes up, and up, and up.

Is there anything relatively simple I can do to investigate? Or has anybody else noticed this?

Mark