[mythtv-users] FF/RW of recorded radio tracks

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:05:32 UTC 2012

On Friday 16 Nov 2012 10:44:59 Nick Rout wrote:

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:15:11 -0000, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using 0.26 I've just discovered that, on a recording of a radio program
> (BBC 5 Live Sports Extra, recorded from a DVB source), I'm unable to
> fast-forward. The OSD appears, but the time goes up extremely slowly and
> when I press 'play' again it returns to where it was when I started FF.
> Shame, as I have 9 hours of cricket commentary I was hoping to skip
> through :)
>
> I get this in the log when I try FF, repeatedly:
>
> Nov 15 10:10:23 revo mythlogserver: mythfrontend[3242]: N CoreContext
> mythplayer.cpp:2095 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(n): Waited 114ms for
> video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> Nov 15 10:10:25 revo mythlogserver: mythfrontend[3242]: W Decoder
> ringbuffer.cpp:399 (CalcReadAheadThresh) Enabling buffering
> optimisations for low bitrate stream.
>
> I have 'Interactive TV' enabled in the frontend, and I get the radio
> station logos on screen due to this. The audio is Mono, MP2. Don't know
> if this is relevant to the probem.
>
> Does this work for anybody else?

I think this is related to http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10833

The OSD isn't accurate & Myth struggles to FF/REW through frames. I find it stalls for 4 or 5 secs before building up speed!
The 30 second 'skip forward' function (Sticky keys off, default bindings to Left/Right keys IIRC) works quite well though.

Is it possibly because mythtv uses video frame numbers for skipping, and there is no video in those streams?

What does the recordedseek table say for these recordings?

I'd answer that question, if I knew what it meant :)

Mark