[mythtv-users] Help with stutter

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Fri Nov 16 02:48:14 UTC 2012

Hey all,

   I'm running two HD-PVRs from two Cisco STB running 1080i.  The frontend/backend TV is 1080i.  I have a bedroom set that is 720p.
All is well!

I decided to change my STBs to 720p.  Now, what I have is stutter on my frontend/backend that is running at 1080i. All the time, not just a little.
The frontend at 720p is fine.

I am using VDPAU, and I've tweaked the setting with the playback.  I started with VDPAU High Quality.  I moved to normal and have tried several of the deinterlacers.
Nothing seems to be doing the trick.  I'm not sure why this is, perhaps it's the video being upscaled that is causing the issue.

I'd appreciate some help figuring this out, if anyone has some suggestions.

Thanks!

Jason