[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut and keyframe cuts off

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 04:39:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM, HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 14:55 -0500, Doug Vaughan wrote:
>> > Brett,
>> > As tosuggestion #3. Lossless Cut always, even when there was noskip or
>> > cut list, starts the first segment on the first non-zero keyframe as
>> > identified in the seek table. That was done to avoid the video
>> > corruption which displaysat the very beginning of the recorded file
>> > prior to thefirst keyframe. Basically I tried to account for the issues
>> > you are describing before the first keyframe.
>> >
>> I was trying to describe an inconsistency between mythtv playback &
>> cut-list editor..They show different picture at the same frame index..
>> The behaviour before the first keyframe is a clue maybe not the cause.
>> I was trying to explain how ffmpeg decoder could influence this..
>> This offset error would apply at any point in recording.
>>
>> I have "start on sequence header" selected, I see no corruption in start
>> of playback, just the odd cut-list editor navigation..
>>

> Just a question about this thread in general, how do you tell from mythtv's
> editor whether the frame you are on is a keyframe or not? Is it guesswork
> from scene transitions? Or is it theme dependent ( I tried arclight and blue
> abstract and couldn't see any info on this).

The only thing I know is when I'm in the editor, I just adjust it to
by keyframe (I'll use the 5-20 second jumps to get to the general
area.)

Just noticed something strange tonight. A few of my shows had cutlists
when I got home. I didn't create them. I'll search around the list a
bit but since this is a lossless_cut thread, is there any chance the
keyframe adjust job could be creating cutlists on its own?

Or does my myth box have a ghost? cue scary music.