[mythtv-users] Skipping sound with some News Feed podcasts under .26

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 05:26:04 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> An update: I tail -f the mythfrontend.log and try the podcast again.
>>>
>>> It tossed up a ton of lines like:
>>>
>>> mythfrontend[30394]: N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2095
>>> (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(h): Waited 19271ms for video buffers
>>> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAf
>>>
>>> I let the audio run for a bit and then finally the error "Video frame
>>> buffering failed too many times" came up on screen.
>>>
>>> Just curious: why is it complaining about video buffers when it's an
>>> audio podcast?
>>
>> What does mediainfo tell you about the downloaded podcast file.
>
> I manually downloaded one of the podcasts that does this and this is
> what mediainfo said:
>
> General
> Complete name                            : 2012.11.09ACS.mp3
> Format                                   : MPEG Audio
> File size                                : 39.9 MiB
> Duration                                 : 1h 27mn
> Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
> Overall bit rate                         : 64.0 Kbps
> Track name                               : Judd Apatow
> Performer                                : The Adam Carolla Show
> Genre                                    : Comedy
> Recorded date                            : 2012
> Cover                                    : Yes
> Cover type                               : Cover (front)
> Cover MIME                               : image/jpeg
>
> Audio
> Format                                   : MPEG Audio
> Format version                           : Version 1
> Format profile                           : Layer 3
> Duration                                 : 1h 27mn
> Bit rate mode                            : Constant
> Bit rate                                 : 64.0 Kbps
> Channel(s)                               : 1 channel
> Sampling rate                            : 44.1 KHz
> Compression mode                         : Lossy
> Stream size                              : 39.8 MiB (100%)

General
Complete name                            : p284.mp3
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
File size                                : 154 MiB
Duration                                 : 2h 48mn
Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
Overall bit rate                         : 128 Kbps

Audio
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 3
Mode                                     : Joint stereo
Mode extension                           : MS Stereo
Duration                                 : 2h 48mn
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 154 MiB (100%)

Okay, here's a podcast that works...except for the bit rate I'm not
seeing why this one would work and the other one would have buffer
issues.