[mythtv-users] mythavtest fails to give any aduio out

iyer1961-sulekha at yahoo.com iyer1961-sulekha at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 22:14:25 UTC 2012

I am using "mythavtest --infile /home/jv/input.mp4 --test --loglevel debug".
It shows the video with no sound (usual checks have been made)
the file has audio and speakers are not muted etc.
the mythav logfile among other things says audio device is NULL.
inside mythtvtest code, I see (in the Test function)
        mp->GetAudio()->SetAudioInfo("NULL", "NULL", 0, 0);
        mp->GetAudio()->SetNoAudio();
does this have anything to do with reason why there is no audio ?
how do I make the mythavtest work with audio ?
Thanks,
JV Iyer