[mythtv-users] Audio Sync with 0.26

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:13:33 UTC 2012

I've got an audio sync problem. With Movies (ie what used to be called mythvideo), everything is fine. When I watch a recording, everything is fine. But when I watch Live TV however, I have to delay the audio by 150ms. As this setting is permanent and applies across the board, I'm having to adjust it all the time. I know Live TV doesn't get much love around here, but what I can't understand is how this could even happen? It has only been a problem since my upgrade to 0.26 - it was OK in 0.24.

My TV sources are USB DVB tuners, if that makes a difference, and my system uses RTC as the video timing method. I think my 0.24 system used the other one, whatever it was called. Perhaps I should try that?

Any advice or help much appreciated because 0.26 is making my hair fall out and the only course of action less enticing than continuing to wrestle with it is reinstalling 0.24.. :)

Mark